The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award is the world's leading youth achievement award and is currently present in more than 140 countries, having reached more than 8 million young people.
Empowering young Australians
The Award is a leading structured youth development program, empowering all young Australians between age 14 to 25 to explore their full potential and help equip them for life and work.
Each young person who takes part in the Award learns a skill, improves their physical wellbeing, volunteers in their community and experiences a team expedition in a new environment.
A network of Award Leaders, Assessors and Mentors supports participants. We will be working through the Compass, Bronze and Silver Award Programs.
Benefits to students
- Become equipped and empowered to achieve their personal best;
- Learn to take responsibility for their goals and choices;
- Become connected to and actively engaged within their immediate community;
- Opportunity to make a real difference to society through their positive contributions and involvement;
- Learn to persevere and overcome barriers to success;
- Learn important life skills;
- Increased employability, tertiary placements and
- Increase their career opportunities.
More information is available on the program website www.dukeofed.com.au